View Single Post
Old May 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I have seen him play so many times as i was a very keen follower of Abahani. He used to open for AKC and used to take 50 ball to score 10 and then in next 50 balls he would score his 100. one thing for sure he would score a 100 in every 5 matches.
About his walking off the field he refused the assistance saying head is spinning i will be ok in minute or two. (My bro-in law was the captain of the AKC at that time).

Reason he wasn't wearing a helmet cause he was not fielding in short mid wkt or some thing he was walking fast to ward the batsman from the cover or where ever he was fielding at (i can't remember now). and funny thing is some one actually told him like two three balls earlier (i think it was mehrab Sr. himself) don't come to close or I will blow your head or something.
I think AKC had a dr. with them (only team in dhaka league to have one). he vomited a little after he reached the pavilion and then the dr. knew he was in trouble. he was admitted to Dhaka med(or some hospital). but the H over there didn't had the CITI scan machine so he had to some where else and took ages to get the result back and by that time the damage was done...
RIP.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled