View Single Post
Old April 28, 2004, 11:31 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default A positive remark

Quote:
Did not watch a live match for long time. But, from my memory, JO's problem is his tendency to chase the ball outside the off stumps, which is an indication of not knowing where his offstump is. In fact many of his four comes from 'khocha', that the slip fielder misses. Another problem, he used to get committed on front foot too early; as a result for short-piched balls, he was in trouble. The other thing, even though he is tenacious, he does sometime try to whack balls, piched wide of off-stump. Hoping to see some comments from members who saw him batting recently.
As I've read all that tnb said, in more recent times, I haven't seen our players, especially our test cricketers not making those mistakes. Shahriar Hossain's arrival after 3-4-year break has also made me realize how the current Test cricketers of Bangladesh who have been playing since almost the beginnning of our gaining test status has improved (tremendously). Their shot selection is way better than before, their judgement on the balls outside the off stump is far better than before.

There are still sometimes when they forget about their new learnings and make the earlier mistakes (sometimes), but I'm sure if we see a video of all the outs of a particular batsman, then I'm certain that their most recent out-rate is improving day by day (one at a time).