View Single Post
Old May 12, 2007, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

By far the worst selection made by this panel. I am very very disappointed to say the least. Whatever chances we had of making a contest out of the test matches has been thrown out of the window. I am no longer interested in following the test series now.

Time and again people talk BS about test cricket no being for aggressive players like Tamim, aftab et al. If this was true then the entire Australian batting line up should be replaced. The game has evolved but unfortunately some people do not adapt well to change and keep thinking in their age old formula fashion. These fans are equivalent to bashar. Bashar follows a script while captaining while these fans cannot think outside the box which is what made the australians the invincible team they are now. Aftab and Tamim have the ability to play long innings and seeing how Aftab has performed in some of the test matches it gives indication of his ability to play test matches. The inclusion of pilot is the biggest crap of a decision in the entire selection process. Mushfique should be playing both forms of the game and there is no two way about it. I also think rasel is not suitable for test matches where mere line and length will not get you any result. Exclusion of razzak is also very unfortunate. He has performed well and should also have been chosen in the test matches ahead of enamul jnr who would come in once rafique retires. JO in the test match is a no no. Mehrab jnr is a better option. You dont need players who can block all day. You need players who are capable of playing long innings but are also adept at taking singles and twos. Mehrab jnr is better in that respect than JO. No point in taking both. I have a feeling Bashar will fail miserably in the test matches too and after this series should retire from international cricket completely along with JO. Overall the worst selection for this panel. Disappointment and shock is an understatement.