View Single Post
Old May 7, 2004, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Classifying Our Players

For no perticular reason, I tryed to classify our players in the team right now. This is kind of a old topic, at first bring up by Dr. Z. I just wanna see how much it changed since then. Here is my thoughts:

World Class (aka Semi-world Class): Rafique and Sumon can be put in to this group. They have the talent and record of being at the hightest level of cricket. They are not the best among the world but stays at the level of average.

Born Talents: I would put Asharaful, Alok and Masharafi in this group. They are the most talented players in the team, but not that much useful and most of the time they are not able to do justice to their name. And yeah, masri is not in the team right now.

Fighters: As for now, I can only put Rajin and Rana in this group. They don't have the gifted talent but will come more handi then other because they will not leave a penny hebind without fighting. This is my favorite group. It seems that faisal will put his name in this group soon, but until the WI tour is over, we can't say anything about it.

Handy Players: I will put pilot and mushfique in this slot. They have their own specality of keeping and bowling respectively, but also useful at batting. They will never do too much, but will never be uselss either. Always handi.

Future Hopes: There are a few that knocking the door of national team and may come handi in the future, but we can't predict yet about this bunch. Some of them already had some chances, but they are yet to prove themselves. Enamul jr, nafis, shahadat are few of them to name.

lefty spinners: even though rafique and rana had be grouped before, they can be put here again including rajjak raz. if this guy come out to be 'clean' in bowling action, we can be useful too.

so called bowlers: other than those discussed above, there are a bunch of bowlers. with all due respect, i called them so called bowlers because they do not have the ability to make a real difference. if we are to win continuously in int'l matches, we need something better than these guys.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by AgentSmith]