View Single Post
Old June 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Any movie with John Travolta.

John Travolta is not a big applaused actors like Robin Williams, Mike Myers, Denzel Washington, Russel Crowe, Jack Nicholson, Robert Duvall etc. Most of his movies he is part hero part villain. Nothing to appraise about his acting either other than he knows how to dance and how to make a conversation.

Pulp fiction - I watched this movie several times. The scenes I most enjoy, in the restaurant when Travolta and Tarantino's real life wife Uma Thurman argues over a 5$ shake. The other one also in the restaurant when he argues with Samuel L Jackson during the Bonnie situation. Tarantino himself is a gross producer. But JT is someone whose witty communication technique makes me attracted more over advisory attitude of Al Pacino.

Among some of the latest Travolta movies such as Be Cool and Get Shorty really made me feel revived. The simple screenplay with natural acting with not overboard comedy are the properties that will never make those films to reach the level where it can compete for departmental acclamation but for 2 hour of fun and popcorn within the limits of real life scenario those are worth watching.