View Single Post
Old June 10, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Match and practice are completely two different stage and you face a bowler in the practice with less mental pressure.
You've answered your own question for the most part here, I guess.

Quote:
On the other hand, if our bowlers are smart enough, I am sure they were also able to learn the weakest link of those classy batsmans by looking into them so closely in the nets.
Well to some extent, and the reason follows.

Quote:
Where I would like to take most of the possitives from this Afro-Asia serries, I would also like to invite your thoughts/comments on this issue. What do you think?
Okay, so I would like to know what the positives are of having this tournament. In my list, they're the following:

1. Learning to play with completely different group of people, who you've never played with in the same team. It tests your agility.

2. To learn how the [supposedly] best performers from the participating countries think. They may think of the game in a completely different way. It's like learning at work.

3. Giving you an idea of how you would face the opponents with the GIVEN talents (supposedly, their best 11), and what type of features your team needs under such conditions.

I guess, all these three are my top expectations. They may or may not have been learnt in this tournament. But given Mashrafee/Rafiq/Razzak/Tamim, these guys are fast learners. And they will be able to bring those valuable lessons from this tournament. On the other hand, if you want to get these, you must sacrifice SOMETHING. And that something is your thought pattern, which you must give in order to get theirs.

At the end of the day, this tournament is for making money. But if there are positives that can be taken out of these, the above are what I think they are.