View Single Post
Old June 19, 2007, 06:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Curse of the Golden Flower was excellent. But cant agree with House of Flying Daggers to be better than Hero.... House of Flying Daggers was too stretched and melodramatic, and a little less artistic (but the dance scene with the drums was awesome).

Have you watched Warriors of Heaven and Earth? Slightly different sort of story than the above three.
I haven't watched Warriors of Heaven and Earth yet, but I will now that you mention it. Thanks.

I liked Hero ... the art direction and the sheer scope of the movie was magnificent. Jet Li was awesome to watch as always. That said, I liked Daggers more. I think as an epic love story, it blows Romeo and Juliet out of the water, and Zhang Zyi Yi ... DAMN !!! While we're on the subject, I also loved Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, the movie that brought the dynasty-based, Chinese operatic tradition into the spotlight.

Melodrama ? Guys, melodrama when exploring the depths of human emotions, can supercede its own kitsch and become operatic, becoming intrinsic to an opera-based story designed to resonate just as deeply inside ourselves if we're audacious enough to let it. The same goes for Italian operas BTW.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 19, 2007 at 06:40 AM..