View Single Post
Old June 20, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
11 out of 11 ... in total agreement with regards to ODIs.
Sohel..good to hear that.

I was thinking about the Test XI but found it too difficult of a proposition. So may great players and too little space. On stats alone, the modern day players would probably dominate as they have played a lot more than their predecessors. If you take that criteria into account, greats like Zaheer, Vishy, Hanif, Azharuddin etc won't probaly cut it. But, how do you leave them out? Its hard enough to make an all time Indian or Pakistan XI, let alone an Asia XI. So, I hopelessly give up, though I have my team in my mind and surely, it will be vastly different from others. One day XI is much easier to compile BTW. Stats don't lie there...Here it goes :
1 Gavaskar 2 Hanif Mohammad 3 Sachin Tendulkar 4 Rahul Dravid 5 Miandad 6 Inzammam 7 Sangakkara 8 Imran 9 Wasim 10 Waqar 11 Murali.

Have an idea for you since you are good at opening threads ( no pun intended ): why not have an alltime southpaw team ( the player invloved must be lefty for his primary purpose- ex : bowler must be lefty, if he is bowler first and he may bat right and vice versa with batsmen ) ? We can start with Asia XI or even a world XI ( both tests and ODIs )

Get to work now....