View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I think Zobair bhai and to some extent Kabir made very valid points of not generalizing an entire nation, religion, caste or creed based on a few. The point is not to hate "paikari bhabe" I guess. 1971 is a touchy issue and understanably so but to relate everything pakistan and crazy with 1971 is a bit extreme. That was then and this is now. Most of that generation who were guilty of those crimes are either dead or are extremely old. The newer generation should not be blamed or stereotyped based on their forefathers. Having said this I have come across ignorant stupid Pakistanis and have given them a piece of my mind when they refer me as their brother from across the border and sometimes going as far as saying that " you are my brother from east pakistan". I have very very recently put one such pakistani back to his rightful place, verbally offcourse for implying this in a joke and he vehemently apologized. I however do not correlate everything pakistan with ignorance just because of that one person because I have friends from pakistan who are respectful and not so ignorant.