View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007, 01:16 PM
BC Editorial Team

Well, as long as one is an equal opportunity basher I tend to be cool with things. I think Arnab, what drew Kabir's raised eyebrow was the fact that while you do not let a single opportunity to bash Pakistan go by (and most often rightly so), at the same time you espouse undying gratitude towards India even though their citizens/government are/is equally capable of crazy things. I am hoping you will not ask me for proof as your considerable posting history clearly illustrates my two assertions. I understand that is your position and so be it, but such an unequal stance will invite the odd reaction now and then

And as a subcontinental I cannot be somewhat alarmed at the increase of fanaticism amongst certain sections of the Pakistani population. Some of our Mullahs tend to have an affinity for things Pakistani, as evidenced by their propensity to slip into Urdu during milads and what not.

And as far as apology and that stuff is concerned, I say frig it. All I care is that in time our economy will outstrip theirs and our society is already more plural and democratic than theirs. To me - not having personally suffered in 71 - this ascendancy of ours is sweeter than any apology ever will be.