View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
What happened in 1971 was done by Pakistani Military and what's happening now is done by a bunch of fanatics (civilian). Military around the world have been notorious for conducting massacres. Its not just Pakistanis.

How many Bangladeshis did Pakistanis kill? Couple of millions? Well guess what? the Nazis killed over 20 million Russians during WW2. Today there isn't any news about Russians blaming Germans or poking the finger of blame for what has happened 60 years ago.

I know Pakistan's apology does not bring back the dead. Then again nothing can.

My point is what has happened has happened. History cannot be changed so no point crying about it. I guess its the general attitude of ours, keep digging up dirt from the past. No wonder we are one of the backward nations in the world.
on the contrary, the russians exacted severe revenge on the germans as a result of the initial assult of world war two, and continued to accupy part of germany through proxy for over four decaded. the russians also uprooted many industrial premises as well as detaining the german scientists. one example of this would be seen in the amount of russian replica of german leica and zeiss based cameras that came out during late forties, fifties and sixties. i have several jupier lenses for my leica ltm cameras that were actually made by german parts in russian factories, that had been wholly uprooted!