View Single Post
Old July 17, 2007, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i think the theory is quite valid if the rankings included all first class players and not just test players because it would be a bit more accurate as to who is in the top 56, though i agree it would still be quite meaningless. i agree that generally test players will always get referred to as better players. as for whether those FC players will get a chance to prove how good they are at test level i'm not sure they will, some of them probably will but there are always those players who are consistently on the verge of playing test cricket but never quite make it. i wasn't just referring to players in the bangladesh team either, there are players in other teams where say a david hussey would be better than as well, and i'm positive other nations (other than australia) also have a couple of players who have the ability to make the test team in another country but haven't played test cricket for their own (so far).

anyway in terms of talent imo ashraful and nafees can certainly become competent test players and possibly be considered in the future as pretty high calibre players, here's hoping.