View Single Post
Old May 20, 2004, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Default Oliver Stone/Michael Moore on Sujon

Disclaimer: I normally don't propagate conspiracy theories so take this post with a grain of salt and remember that my tongue may be firmly planted in my cheek (-

What if, Dav and Sumon has conspired to accelerate Sujon's departure from the team. To Dav, Sujon is taking the place of a valuable player. Sumon feels Sujon's presence is impacting his captaincy. However, the powers that be and Sujon's connections have made it impossible to jettison Sujon.

After returning from the Australian tour, Dav and Sumon meet at Hotel Pithaghor (on Bongobondhu avenue, opposite to the stadium) sharing a plate of bhuna khichuri and duck bhuna. They concoct an insidious plan - they will bring on Sujon at most inopportune times. He will fail so badly that even his connections cannot help. Of course, Sujon somehow managed to turn that to his advantage in the first ODI. He failed with the bat but came out with a great bowling performance. The second ODI was better - for the other two. They decided to go for the kill in the third ODI - brought him in when slogging was essential and of course Sujon failed. Brought him to bowl his third over when he has given umpteen runs in the previous 2.

So finally the plan should work. Right? No, now it appears that Sujon might even stay on for the Test! What are these two to do? Now, they come up with the most diabolical plan of all. Have Sujon open with Mushfique. If that does not get rid of him once and for all, nothing will. Perhaps Sujon's connections go far. Very far. Alll the way up there.

Disclaimer: Any resemblance
to real persons, events, or entities is coincidental and unintentional. Or is it?

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Zunaid]