View Single Post
Old July 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

JO surely is a bad move. The whole team played so crap so how would replacing SN help? I believe SN is a much better player than JO. The thing is SL is far too good of a team than any other teams and no matter what, with our lack of confidence and poor skills will never win a match against a team like SL - sorry.. it hurts but true.

I think we should start from the bottom again. We had a good last year as we played against all teams lower in the ranking than us. As a result of that we had a fairly good world cup (Loss against IRE just kills me!!). This year we started with IND, didn't play that bad - came close.

Next few teams we should target are: WI - although they won the series against ENG, they are going thr' so much trouble with the captaincy, new couch etc. They sucked in the test.. could not score more than 200 in more than 3 innings.

IRE- well we lost the world cup match against them and recently they gave the windies the run for their money. Fast improving team, I won't be surprised if they go above us in the ranking by next year.

PAK - still rusty after the world cup blow.

i think the selector/committee should work harder with the ICC to get games against these team rather than playing against the tops.

Roni