View Single Post
Old July 24, 2007, 03:02 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
i didn't read anything about any muslim or hindu individuals organising the loan. the protest was by an islamic history tutor. i personally don't see any logical grounds for his protestations.

Quote:
perhaps the islamic professors want to give the impression that they are tolerant of other religious beliefs in bangladesh?!?
Read your post again. That's what you said. You didn't say anything about protesting. When I read it, it sounds like you think they are loaning the artefacts to give the impression of being tolerant of other religions. If you said they are protesting for whatever reason, there must be a sinister ploy, and that would clearly not be giving the "impression that they are tolerant of other religious beliefs in bangladesh".

Quote:
so the only grounds that i could think of was that he didn't want the buddist/hindu part of bangladeshi history to receive general overseas attention.
That's what you're saying now. I hope you can see why that is inconsistent with your previous statement. I don't see how they can try to give an impression of being religiously tolerant by loaning these artefacts and protest against it at the same time.