View Single Post
Old July 26, 2007, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Read your post again. That's what you said. You didn't say anything about protesting. When I read it, it sounds like you think they are loaning the artefacts to give the impression of being tolerant of other religions. If you said they are protesting for whatever reason, there must be a sinister ploy, and that would clearly not be giving the "impression that they are tolerant of other religious beliefs in bangladesh".

That's what you're saying now. I hope you can see why that is inconsistent with your previous statement. I don't see how they can try to give an impression of being religiously tolerant by loaning these artefacts and protest against it at the same time.
you are just wrong!

my interpretation of the article was that the government is trying to raise awareness of bangladesh in the international community as possessing an ancient and glorious past.

since the period covering this past (pre 12th century) is based on non-muslim cultures and its achiements, the tutor of islamic history had protested with a latent intention of curbing the influence of non-muslim historicism when defining our ancient culture. i see his actions as a sign of latent prejudice towards all things nonmuslim.