View Single Post
Old July 25, 2002, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Pash!!

Ekhane Uttorer Kichu Nai.
No one here is defending the selectors. Just trying to say don't blame everything on one. It became our habit that whenever Bangladesh lose embarrassly, We blame the selectors and the coaches - obviously because they run the team. But did it ever occur to anyone that Bangladesh just don't have quality players. We believe in the "what if". We did see many combinations but the end result is embarrassment. For example, the choice of Akram over Ashraful. When Akram failed, we blamed the authority - Why didn't they choose Ashraful?? - he is the centurian. But before the game, we wanted experienced because Ashraful is in bad form. It would be vice versa when he would fail.

Tehsin Bhai, you are right. We should get all the players and put them in practice and choose the elite 11. The problem with that is consistency. There are no consistent batsman in Bangladesh. Thus the best 11 would be just best of that particular game. They will not necessarily be successful. For example : Ehsanul Houque, Aminul Islam. Moreover, with these practices, you risk the team of having more players on the injured/fatigue/overworked list. Anyways you are the expert.

Arnab, Talk about being in the shoes of a real fan. Well, you are saying the same thing as Max but ofcourse with more 'maturity'. I am not totally sure what Max's intention was but as far as I understood, He tried to say - It's easy said than done. When you are on the selectors' shoes - you will feel the pressure. His words were not suitable - that's all. The pressure is more intensified by the politics. Selectors - they do want victories but if they don't consider the boss' options, their jobs are in jeopardy. They are not less patriotic than you and I ( maybe they are) but if they go by their will and think what's right (from patriotism that is), it will have no value because there will be a replacement. He just lost his job. Anyways, this is totally different topic and I am ignorant of the current position.

Anyways enough Gibberish. You are right on one thing that Our discussion will have no importance in making the team. There is no need to have attacks and counterattacks on such childish matters.

Peace