View Single Post
Old August 8, 2007, 08:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

A 4-day strike rate of 55 point whatever percent from an otherwise aggressive young opener, not to mention a patiently crafted 114 not out, shows encouraging glimpses of the ability carry the bat, and the desire to change the game according to the format our senior side test openers could take heed from. Hence, the statement based on a hunch of course, that he is likely to have a bright future in test cricket also.

I know it's too early to tell. Some of you can preach to the choir as much as you want to, while others can give it a closer read, like Ehsan, and look at the letter, the spirit and the subjective, yet IMO somewhat educated enthusiasm of what I've posted with a bit more understanding. I simply wanted to convey my excitement about a player, along with Alok Kapali, I've had the pleasure of watching during the last NCL. Attracting the thought police, totally expected from some, was not my intent.

Give him and others the time they require under our real circumstances, and you'll see what I see, and understand why we'll win the World Cup by 2015 at the earliest or 2019 at the latest, as our talented hit their peaks and BCB matures into its expected role. I have no doubts that they'll become a good test side after that WC win.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 8, 2007 at 08:53 AM..