Thread: urgent !
View Single Post
Old February 1, 2003, 04:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default SWEET MEMORIES

Knowing the names of Bachchu and Nehal Hasnain brings me back those good old days at Dhaka stadium. Those nice sunny days at noisy Dhaka stadium.......

Myself, usually holding JHAAL MOORI or ICE CREAM in one hand and a binocular on another. Busy talking and making forecasts, or expert comments [CHAPABAJI AAR KI ? ]

Bachchu was a classical opening batsman. I can clearly remember his batting. He was a cool batsman, stylish and occassionally hit some boundaries.

Nehal Hasnain had a very different style. He was hard-hitting and aggressive. He played some wonderful shots. His batting style was quite similar to Lipu's (Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu - captain of Bangladesh team for a long time), and Akram Khan's.

Bangladesh cricket had STARS all the time. The present STARS are being noticed because of the international recognition. Some of the other previous notable cricketers were Dawlatuzzaman, Jahangir Shah Badshah, Lintoo (the spinner from BUET, if I can remember his name right), Golam Nowsher Prince, Farook Ahmed, Atahar Ali Khan, Rafiq (batsman), Saad (seamer), Ishtiaque, Munir, Hadi (Shurjo Tarun), Enamul Huq Moni etc.....

How does time fly ????