View Single Post
Old September 19, 2007, 02:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
I'll modify your sentence like this - It's a cartoon of a very brave nature especially in a country like Bangladesh. where majority people do not have the coherence to not go after the proverbial "Cheel" that snatched away the "Kaan" and that includes some of the BC members who are educated and conscious.

This coming from someone with university education?? Tsk Tsk.

--

The cartoon just shows you the effect of following the Mullah blindly. And this will affect religious harmony?? Man! What a comment.

Sauron, I knew it coming from you. You are an expert in twisting comment and taking it out of context.

What I have said should be taken into the proper context. Quoting one sentence leaving others out doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Everyone should understand the level of passion muslims bear in mind about Prophet (SW) and making fun where there can be slightest correlation with Prophet (SW)'s image will invoke serious repercussions. This type of cartoon should be avoided to maintain religious harmony.
Mass people are sensitive to religion and we should respect that.

Publishing this type of cartoon which can be interpreted in many ways does not help in maintaining the harmony. I have no problem with the cartoon, but the response in Bangladesh can be well predicted. I just don't want to supply fuel to anything that creates unnecessary anarchy, we cannot simply afford that in current Bangladesh.

Going by logic isn't always the supreme solution of everything. Understanding the mind of mass population is sometimes more required than logic.

Anyway, I don't want to go into any religious debate here, I was concerned about the current state of Bangladesh and situations like this does not help at all.

Last edited by Miraz; September 19, 2007 at 03:02 PM..