Thread: PDF maker
View Single Post
Old September 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
For some reason, I don't think I can quite agree with you. I have used OpenOffice, but Office 2007 is the greatest office suite that was ever produced. OpenOffice is no match for Office 2007. BTW I haven't tried the latest version of OpenOffice, so my view is based on what I used 6-8 months ago.

Yea, its true it takes a good amount of resources, but if your computer can handle then it would be one of the best application that you will carry around with you. I believe almost all new laptops and desktops would be able to run it.
for once we agree on something

openoffice 2.0 is a useful and fully featured office suite. it does have some nice touches and is less of a memory hog for machines with less ram and slow processors. however, in terms of ease of use, microsoft office is the very best available for the moment. i have personally churned out on average at least 50,000 words each year for the last seven or eight years. openoffice 2.0 is on my old dell laptop with p II 400 cpu and 128 ram. i kept it there for ages and must have used it on and off for over two years but when it came to taking away that laptop for a serious writing trip to edinburgh, i had to install office 95

of course, much of this comes down to personal taste. however, if you use both side by side, unless you totally abhor bill gates, ms version comes out on top..