BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Thanks Sydney. That was very helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
thanks rabz for a great review. Im still waiting for your veridict on sajidul. I think he could be the new opening bowling option. His stats are really impressive at the moment.
No worries mate. it was a perfect friday...(while im still gettin used to the fact that the weekend starts on friday...and for me... it ends on friday as well...!!)

Well... Sajid. This is the first time ive actually seen him bowling.
And i was really impressed. May be the "unknown" factor did play a good part as well.

I wouldnt say he is tall, but not short either. May be around 5 8-9 ( im just guessing) ...
Lefty with a typical left arm fast bowler run up and delivery action. I would call that smooth.

But what really impressed me was his ability to swing the ball.
With his pace, (which is quite decent) and his in-swinging balls, he looks quite dangerous at times. Also notable was his length and line. It was on-spot.

The ball he got Riyad out was a beauty. Good length ball pitched on off stump and swung right back into the batsman to uproot his middle stump between bat and pad.

Mehrab Jnr's out was also remarkable. Bowling over the wicket to a lefty batsmen, the ball pitched outside off-stump, got an uneven bouce and swung back into the batsmen, when Mehrab was caught by surprise, flashed at it and was caught behind.
Remember Mehrab is a lefty, so a ball swinging back to him from a lefty bowler makes it in out-swinger for Sajid.

And all these was at around 30-50 overs. The ball wasnt new, but it wasnt old enough to get reverse swing. So his swinging ability was impressive.

He is a quick version of Rasel to me.
16-7-40-4 was his bowling analysis, with only 1 wide and 1 no ball.
Really unlucky not to get the fifer. Well if the last batsmen didnt run out himself on a suicidal attempt, i guess he could hv got it.

All in all, certainly a really good prospect. keeping an eye on his progress.

I wont just yet throw him at national team. Let him mature. Let the fire burn within. Let him beg for it.

NZ tour would be as hard as it is. Im not that keen on throwing a new inexperienced face into it.

We got a whole month's worth of cricket left before the team gets picked.
Lets see how things shape up.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]