View Single Post
Old November 19, 2007, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Since this is the "maramari" thread, I will lend my share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sohel bhai Jindabad on Rasel's analysis. Now you need to give him some tips on body building technic. Muscle mass. Appropriate weight training!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I don't think increasing your muscle mass makes you faster. There are two kind of muscle fibre in your body - red (fast twitch) and white (slow twitch). For fast bowlers, as you can guess, you need a high percentage of red muscle fiber. Although by endurance exercises you can increase red fiber by a small percentage, proportion of the muscle fibre types in your body is largely inherited. Rasel, in his life so far, has played so many matches (club, age group, FC, A-team, national team) and bowled so many overs (which is a very heavy workout), he should have reached the limit how much he can improve muscle fiber composition in his body by now.
Thanks for the lesson. Will be handy for some other time.

Wrong assumption will get you in to trouble. Is there anywhere in this thread or in any other thread (for that purpose), I ever vented on Rasel's speed? What makes you think that I want Rasel to bowl faster? (Unless you have mistaken me for someone else)

All I want that boy to get some muscle, physically be more fit. Proper weight training and correct diet can help him acheive that. I want this just so that he can sustain longer spells and don't break down. Around same age or a little older Michael started serious weight training in the off season to sustain the "BAD BOYS (Detroit Pistons)" physical play. Not only he dished out his share of physical punishiment but also had enough in his tank to finish a game from there on.

I know Rasel is not 1/100th of an athlete of MJ but any physical improvement will prolong his durability and career. Thank you.