View Single Post
Old November 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

All the selection process will have a blunder or two ...and most of the time two batsmen and one bowler selection remain questionable for most of the tours we had. Before we had Sanwar, Shejan, Al Shahriar, Musfiq Babu type of batters who were elected to stabilize our middle order (!), I don't want to mention about our openning pair, as most failed terribley (any combination, any new face). And then our third pacer slot. If we have consistent problem not finding an adequate middle order, an solid performing openner, or an third pacer who can perform and be useful, what's the point of all these hoplas, selection processes, NCL performances, and destorying fans' heart. BCB took few good initiatives but failed to produce a performing stable openner, a stable middle order batsmen who will perform consistently and hold the batting line up atleast for few overs in the middle and then a third pacer who can contribute something with all our one dimensional SLAs.

I understand picking JO to bring some calmness among our irrational warm blooded top order, and also understand TI inclusion with his experience in leagues and A teams, but did we provide them enough coaching to eliminate their errors. Unless they are slow learners, I don't see any solution in this tour and repeat performance is bound to happen.

Third pacer selection, I understand Nazmul is a "pacer". But we have also so called "pacers" atleast like him. Not sure why other pacers like Talha, Tareq(!!) not included in 20 man squad. But Nazmul on what basis, A team performance which happend couple of months ago!!! Will he be another Sharif, only time will tell, and it seems a good bashing of the selected players only can help determine eliminate the player's possibility for playing for national team. "They" have no other option for selecting perfect candidate other than "get selected, get bashed, and get out" methodology.