View Single Post
Old December 7, 2007, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Location of the 1st Test in Doubt

I don't know if you guys have been following this or not but the Dunedin University oval is practically unplayable for batsmen ... they held an FC match and 22 Wickets fell on the first day and it ended within 2 days so NZC is either gonna fix the pitch or move the Tes

If it was up to me I'd rather play in that Land Mind win the toss bowl, Especially with the Trio of pacers were gonna use and if the pitch really is unplayable than play reckless cricket We score in the 150-260 range with regularity in Tests anyways. Of course it'll be called a Farce but it would be entertaining

Quote:
Two day Ultimatum given to Oval
Dec 8, 2007
New Zealand cricket CEO Justin Vaughan has given Dunedin's University Oval two days to come up to scratch as a new test venue.

The pitch has been widely criticised this week after the Otago-Auckland State Championship match turned into a two-day farce.

Vaughan has enlisted the help of two pitch experts to see if they can remedy the situation and he says they don't have long to do it.

He says they will make a final call on the venue on Monday and they are keen to see the test go ahead at the new ground.

Vaughan says ideally they want a pitch which is attractive to bat on first.
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1318360/1494048