View Single Post
Old December 17, 2007, 09:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

- Serious: BC members of the year: Tehsin, Ahmeb_B, Mahmood, Nasif, Arnab, Oracle, R_W, Chinaman, RazabQ, Doc and all other mods and staff. They deserve a shout out after the two donation drives. Last but not least, the members and visiters those who donated and/or prayed.

- Love all the nominees. Fazal would have gotten the 100% vote from me (because of the absence of BBB - Faka mathey gooooal) but his recent serious takes in several topics made me wonder a little. So he would get 99% endorsement from me.

- Emerging BC member (members signed on or after jan 1, 2006)
Sohel NR (110%).

- BC staff of the year
Miraz (shear volumn of work done is unthinkable with the others stuff he has to do, Most active and Thank you)

- BC article of the year:
There were so many good articles (Sohel_NR, Miraz), so many great interviews (Miraz, Oracle) but I must pick the BC team for the interview that they set up with Mushi and Abdur Razzak was the best. Although this was for a very short period of time but this was for the first time BC members got direct interaction with the players online. Ground breaking!! Waiting for the next one...
http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=454

- BC author of the year:
sohel NR (as a bangla medium student had to use the dictionary often but was worth every bit of it)

- BC thread of the year:
BD-India WC07 match thread - Nothing special. Many of us called it with utmost sincerity. This will (inshallah) happen in the future in regularity since we don't have defensive minded Capitano.
NCL stats analysis - There are lies, damn lies and stats.
BD-RSA match thread - Now beating the #1 team in the WC how sweet that is?

- 'forget cricket' poster of the year
Sohel_NR (older brother of Vlad)

- BC picchis award:
nafis BD

- BC comedian of the year:
babubangla (90%)
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21151
If he hadn't posted another single post this year still this Master piece alone would make him BC comedian champ. Too much innovative power.

Fazal (Regular fazlamo was a tonic for me at BC) (10%)

No one else deserves to be mentioned among the legends. Q to Assad: Orphy'rey tel dao kan? choto bon asey naki?

Last edited by Tigers_eye; December 17, 2007 at 03:13 PM..