View Single Post
Old February 16, 2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pial
Injury of any person is a bad news.
Injury of any player is a bad news.
If he is a national player it is a very bad news, whether he is in form or not.

ha ha ha. wow, this thread is still creating a big buzz.

anyway, the scenario is not like bashar is in the hospital bed, fighting for his life. so, there is no reason to be too emotional.

Scenario is bashar has minor fracture in his finger and has created some probabilty that he might not appear in the first test team (But he is totally fit now) That would bring some joy to some fans, whoever thinks he is not good for selection due to his poor form (even when his value is less in the club cricket)

there is no doubt that once he was the best test batsman of BD and we all have respect for that and for him

But time changed. since the beginning of the worldcup, bashar didnt make any mentionable run. i think, now instead of batsman Habibul bashar, his name is just appearing in the main XI and just occupying one slot.

BD is not australia, where any one from main XI can change the game plan. We have to get contribution from all players, all XI players.

But in our team, almost 4/5 players are totally off. so how do u expect to win or make draw or even take the match in 5th days.

I have full respect for bashar but time is totally against him. Wish he gets back his form soon. otherwise he should follow Rafiq, Gilchrist, Fleming, saun Pollock, shane warne, mCgrath who could easily hold spot for next 2 or 3 years.

Summary: we are not happy because he is injured. I am sure, no sane person will do that.
we r just happy because there is a chance some inform player will get a chance to replace a totally off form player. That might bring some positive chance. Nothing in more important than a team's win. anyway, now he is fit, we will pray for his regaining of form, so he can give us some joy and can retire with glory and respect.

Last edited by wiseshah; February 17, 2008 at 01:00 AM..