View Single Post
Old February 19, 2008, 04:11 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preview
South Africans were once dubbed as the “Bunnies of Spinners”; they have come a long way and recently enjoyed success in the spinner friendly conditions, but still have weaknesses against the quality left arm spins. Bangladesh’s recent triumph in 2007 ODI world cup, which is their solitary success in all forms of the game against the Proteas, in Guyana was scripted by the SLA trio who strangulated them in the middle. Mohammad Rafique and Enamul Haque Jr. duo are able to generate similar asphyxiating feeling in suitable conditions and they will be Bangladesh’s main weapon against the formidable South African batting line-up. If the new ball duo Mashrafe Mortaza and Shahadat Hossain can create some early breakthroughs, spinners will be able to utilize the conditions and dominate the play. But first of all the batsmen must score some runs to create a sense of competitiveness.
Omission of Enamul Jr. is a big surprise. Now I have to edit the bold faced line of the preview.

I have got a feeling that Siddons will play Shakib as the second spinner. Rafique and Shakib....