View Single Post
Old March 15, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I had the pleasure of meeting KMI Rana, the scrappy, always improving young International cricketer, and the PRIVILEGE of meeting Rana, the extraordinary human being.

Smiling, humble and generous to a fault, he will be remembered by all those he touched, often by simply being with us. Be it his family or large circle of friends and fellow cricketers, he always gave more than he never really asked for. Rare people like Rana indeed make this world a better place.

I believe like most people who got to know him - not a very difficult or time-consuming feat because with Rana, you always got EXACTLY what you saw – I too was heartbroken by the loss, and still cannot recall those feelings without a tear or two.

I felt he was unfairly dropped from the squad as did he also. But instead of bitching and moaning and being stuck inside his own depression, I saw him work twice as hard on his overall game, especially his slip fielding, and seek comfort by continuing to help other young cricketers with whatever he had and whenever he had it.

May GOD continue to bless his departed soul.

Thank you Miraz for this thread …
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 16, 2008 at 04:42 AM..