Thread: leadership.....
View Single Post
Old March 17, 2008, 06:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I don't agree with you here, body does not have mileage. Then all the athletes would have died earlier than the 'Nandalals'. It is rather the opposite. Sooe people might be tiring out mentally because of his sense of fullfilment of desires, complacense due to achievents of all of his visions etc etc. The tiring out is a mental affair.
People used other sports (for example basletball) in the example. So I am using the same here. There are plenty of examples in Basketball, and Football (American Sports) and Baseball where its well known fact that over use with small life span shorten their career. Byt hey, may be cricket is different, may they don't don't need to use their body the way they use in basketball/football/baseball.

Quote:
Concept is right, but it is always related with age, in the same system. If the older player is a product of the same system, the younger player has always a better chance of improvement against the older
Thats where I respectfully disagree that's why it prompted me to write in the first place. It not 'always' there are other factors that makes it more complexed than that.

Quote:

See how illogical it is, you have seen high performance of player 'A' means, he has proven his class and ability. High performance does not speak of the expiry of a player after that, it should be the low performance over a reasonable period of time to conclude that he has crossed his peack and write him off. How can someone say that he has crossed his peak at the age of 23 and still continuing to play? The player 'B' could just be a rotten mango in the basket whom we expect to reach peak (Assumed Standard), but may not be worth it, that's assumption and gambling.
I added the average factor also to clarify their performance. Player A may be game winner but he may not be a performer most of the time in his career, that's why his average is still low 20s. On the other hand player B may not be a match winner yet but that does;t mean he is less of a performer than plater B. That hy his average is slightly above player A. Now does it makes sense?

I guess not. Thats ok.

Quote:
Expectation on 'A' is still based on facts, but the expectation on 'B' is mere assumption. many players have performed bad for one year or more and then did even better than what he did before
You are right. thats why to me there is no point to hope for improvement in player A. And as Player B is still unknown factor, I can still hope and see and wait and only tater in his career I can re revalue.

Quote:
I am a fan of Ash, but I am first the fan of my team. If we have a better player who has/can perform better than Ash, lets replace him today. We have seen that; we called in our best young peformers but they could hardly show some promise, except 1 with mediocre performance so far.
I didn't raised the issue who should be and who shouldn't be in the team. In reality we have both type of player in the team, whether we like it or not. This all came with the issue how much we can expect a player to grow and how much age plays a role.

Any thanks for you comment. Its always goos to see another POV to conter my POV.

Last edited by Fazal; March 17, 2008 at 06:56 AM..