View Single Post
Old March 18, 2008, 07:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
If Mashrafe can Take Wickets Early than the Razzak + Mashrafe combo will work vs ANY TEAM but if Mashrafe's line and Length are off than were doomed to face a very Large Total therefore it's high risk. I wonder why they haven't tried the Rasel + Rajib opening pair with Masri bowling 1 down? It worked well vs Kenya.

But Obviously Rasel + Masri is the way to go
This is the post this thread is waiting for. Mashrafee can be a failure any day against any team and we are in for a severe heart attack. I don't care if Razzak is opening the bowling with Mashrafee but we need a genuine pacer as a back up plan to that. As soon as there is a hiccup in the current combo we can switch back to the conventional two pacer opening combination. In that case we need Rasel or Shahadat. Question here is who are we going to drop to accomodate any of them? Who is the weakest link at the moment? My pick is Rokibul. Team management is going to use him lower down the order and he is a defensive batsman, so quite useless and we might not see him bat against Ireland at all. Anyway Rokibul is also a prime example of misuse by our team management. Against weaker teams like Ireland this is not getting exposed, but against stronger teams we need to bat him 3-5th batsman slot.