I checked all of the participating countries websites and apart from the mention on the
West Indies website the Irish were first off the mark.
There was no mention on the Pakistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Netherlands websites.
In fairness this competition seems to have come out of the blue and so the countries are scrambling to get ready.
In Ireland there is a good emphasis on under age cricket. The numbers playing cricket however are tiny and cricket comes way behind Football, Gaelic Football, Hurling, Rugby, Hockey.
I think the Associate Nations have to promote cricket at a young age to attract the few who will play. For example there is a Europen Under 13,15,17 and 19 Champinship involving Ireland, Scotland, Holland and Denmark so these boys are used to playing for their country although never against Test Nations.
The Irish boys are expecting Pakistan and Bangladesh to provide mesmerising spinners and silky skilled batsmen while the West Indies are expected to provide fast bowlers and swashbuckling batsmen.
The entry on the Irish website on 29 February gives some good detail at the bottom and is as follows:
The Irish Cricket Union today announced a squad of 14 for the Clico International tournament which is being held throughout the West Indies from April 19 to May 4.
Hugh Mac Donnell from Leinster will captain the side, and Ben Wylie from Instonians is the vice-captain.
There are 8 countries participating in a firstly a knock-out competition, followed by an International championships, which has been split into two groups.
Ireland have been given a tough draw, facing Pakistan in the knock out phase, while they are drawn with West Indies, Bangladesh and Kenya in the Group stages.
ICU Chairman of Youth and Coaching Jim Bennett said, "Our young cricketers will be able to measure their skills against Test nations and other Associates. The ICU is indebted to all those who have made this possible, and we take this opportunity to thanks the parents and schools for their co-operation and ongoing support of the boys, and we wish our travelling party the very best of luck in the West Indies.
The squad in full is as follows:
Under 15 Squad for Clico International Tournament
* Hugh Mac Donnell (Captain) (Leinster)
* Ben Wylie (Vice-Captain) (Instonians)
* Jonathan Andrews (North County)
* Jordan Coghlan (Clontarf)
* Eoghan Conway (Rush)
* George Dockrell (Leinster)
* Shane Getkate (Malahide)
* Matthew Gillespie (Donemana)
* Hugo Mays (Railway Union)
* Andrew Mc Brine (Donemana)
* Graeme Mc Carter (Killyclooney)
* Philip Moon (Limavady)
* Simon Olphert (Eglinton)
* Jason van der Merwe (Muckamore)
* Brian Gailey (LCU) Manager
* Brian Doherty (NWCU) Coach
* Ryan Haire (NCU) Assistant Coach
* Jack Glenn (Bready)
* Jordan Magee (Eglinton)
* Andrew Mitchell (Waringstown)
* Barry Mc Carthy (Pembroke)
* Robert McKinley (Larne)
* Alex O’Brien (Merrion)
Note: A number of players declared themselves unavailable for selection due to school and examination commitments.
* April 19th.- West Indies v Zimbabwe . Bangladesh v Holland - Barbados .
* April 20th.- ICC Americas v Kenya . Pakistan v Ireland - Barbados .
* 21st April: Winners fly to St Kitts, losing teams flies to Trinidad for practice
* April 22nd: Winner 1 v Winner 4; Winner 2 v Winner 3
* April 25th: Knock out finals at St Kitts
* Group 1: West Indies , Ireland , Bangladesh and Kenya - Trinidad
* Group 2- Pakistan , Holland , ICC Americas and Zimbabwe – Guyana
Groups games are from Saturday, 26th – Tuesday, 29th ( Trinidad )
* May 1st : Semi-finals at Grenada
* May 2nd : Play offs at Tobago
* May 3rd : 3rd Place game at Trinidad
* May 3rd: All teams assemble at Trinidad
* May 4th: Finals / Awards Banquet hosted by Government of Trinidad and Tobago