View Single Post
Old July 25, 2004, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Bangladesh A team

Like I said in my earlier post I strongly believe playing A-team maches is the only way forward to develop fringe players and matured/talented U-19 players. Here I'll try to select 15 more players for the A-team based on my personal observation and inform players who would have good consistant performance with A-team would get a nod ahead of useless/out-of-form national team players in the national squad.

1. Shahrier Hussain
2. Nafiz Iqbal
3. Hannan Sarkar
4. Al-Shahrier Rokon
5. Tushar Imran
6. Dhiman Ghosh (w/k)
7. TBC. I would love to have an orthodox
off-spinner here , any suggestion? Naimur Rahman?
8. Enamul Haque
9. Md. Sharif
10. Talha Jubaer
11. Shahadat Hussain
12. Nafees Ahmed
13. Nadif Chaudury
14. Aftab Ahmed
15. TBC

Some players in this team may get selected for the national team soon. But I think we should have a systematic selection policy. For example best performing U-19s will get selected for the A-team first, then for the national team subject to their performance. Thus we'll have players ready for international ckicket and reduce any chances to choke in match situation as they would have played enough matches in diferent situation/conditions.

Barring Mashrafee i would not like to see anyone get selected for the national team just after having a lengthy lay off due to injury. Our players are no exception than other internationals who takes some time to get match fitness back.

I'm reasonably happy with my first eleven, though i'll try to search for a off-spinner at no.7 preferably who's a decent bat too. Nafees Ahmed and Nadif Chaudury would be selected for the A-team if they do well consistantly in the U-19 England tour as they are doing now. BD's next assignment is to play in the British Isles ( Ireland, Scotland then Champions trophy in England). So touring U-19 team's performance will be closly monitored. For 3/4 days match I'll drop Tushar and include Hannan for the final eleven.

Please fell free to comment on this post.

[Edited on 25-7-2004 by Zephaniah : Hannan Sarkar added! ]

[Edited on 25-7-2004 by Zephaniah : Hannan added in the final eleven]