View Single Post
Old May 5, 2008, 12:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Im surprised to see some of us even mentioning of including Bangladeshi as local players/special quota!!

...can you guys please tell me why would Indians consider Bangladeshis as local players? Are we Indians?
then why not pakistanis and srilankans?
whats next? you want Bangladeshi players in the indian national team!

Seems like we cant get enough of free rides!
Free rides, free rides and more free rides.

As Bharat mentioned, this is IPL, with a capital I, which stands for India.

Teams are spending hundreds of millions of dollars. Amount of money being thrown in the game is like never been seen before in cricket. And with all this efforts and hard work, offcourse their deifinite target would be to invest in thier own future.

The Board has been very smart in including couple of youngsters in the team. It is needless to mention the immense benefits, which i bet India would start to enjoy in few years time.

Our players did not get the chance, for simply lets face it, they are not good enough.
Their performance in the international arena has not been anything sparkling to invest thousands into them.

One or two cameos does not make you a superstar. You need consistency at the highest level and gotta be a proven warrior.

But this is not the end of the world i'd say. This is just the first version of IPL and there are many more to come. This year they didnt, hopefully they'll earn their rights next year.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]