View Single Post
Old May 20, 2008, 05:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
For a country that cannot even keep a President or PM for a full term, all this is hardly surprising.
Very wrongly quoted, Many of BD prime, ministers and persidents have completed their terms. infact from 1990 all governments have completed their terms. Unfortunately Pak being 2ice our age, havn't yet completed any term of president, parliament or PM. Mosha will be the first one if he does, but he is also threatened. That didnot stop pak to win world cup. So I don't even get any relation between these two other than self demeaning attitude.

Quote:
What's more disgusting is that many of you now want Whatmore - the person you were getting ready to lynch a year back. Whatmore did not want to stay with us - understand that clearly. He had fully understood that we had reached our limits. And that's what most of you were mouthing while loading your guns to chase him out. Also, he simply wanted the bigger price - India and the $$$.
Everyone appreciated whatmore's contribution in BC atleast. I haven't seen any public humiliation of whatmore though. That may be his personal decision and may be the board wanted to try a new coach or didn't accept his new conditions, whatever. But lynching him a year back? I don't think that was the situation.

Quote:
I recall in college how an assistant coach stormed into the corridor to break down down a football player's door one fine Sunday morning. He grabbed the snoozing ball player's head and pushed him out into the sunny morning, hurtling foul mouthed abuse - all for skipping practice. And you all want to give your tender love smooches to our 20 year old sweeties.
Your example is irrelevant here. I havn't heard of siddons getting tough with the players for not performing, Calling for extra practices, Long and tougher practice sessions... anything of that sort. I only hear him saying, to believe that we are not capable of winning against anyone and if we could make 200 runs that's an achievement. The performance graph of the team is showing the output. Aren't you comparing apple to orange?

Quote:
What Whatmore did was the easy part - now when we need to take ourselves to the next level, and the going get's tough, we break into tears - especially for the fans who do nothing mmore than watch - this is pathetic.
Here you go. We Bangalis always forget the past.

We even didn't have players to hold bat properly and shommanjonok porajoy was celebrated in public, he has tought us to win and be competitive. Now we expect the new coach to hold the current situation and make it more consistent. I don't say that it is easy, but it is not by any definition tougher than whatmore's time. What is the next level that he is taking us by deterioration of performance? Do you expect that suddenly one fine morning we will see players hitting centuries out of the wreckage? or should we forget the definition of performance/improvement? or May be It's all magic that JS will show us!! WOW

[/QUOTE]