View Single Post
Old May 20, 2008, 08:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thats your opinion based on what you see (first hand in game) and what you read in the newspaper, right? Personally I tend to disagree.
The body language of the players in the field and the nature of fielding should inciate a deficiency in moral. IMO

Quote:
I think we are pampered too much, Its time to face the real world and the reality check what it takes to be a national player in the highest level.
Agree 100% on pampering issue. But I don't consider JS actions as being tough. Seeing improvement in 200 runs and trying to make them believe that they can't win. I don't think that is being tough or preparing for the highest level. He should be tough and make the players work harder to achieve the highest standard, how can he be tough by lowering the standards.

Quote:
Overall fielding, yes.

batting & bowling? I would rather analyse individually.

I would add mahmuduallh did pretty good. SN kind of regained a bit of form. Zunaid in ODI definitely failing, but then aagain he never get it going in ODI yet. may be people can agrue that Zunaid is not ready yet for natinial and Siddon single handedly choose Zunaid.

Bowling wise Sahadat and Farhad performed very well. mashrafee was spotty.
Razzak was ineffective. Afater injury Rasel struggled and didn;t enough games to judge. mahmudullah may turn out to be a good all rounder. Ash was kind of failed. Aftab definetiley failed.
We can look at both infact. Team to me is more important an indicator as some individual heroics may not give us the right picture. Performance of the team has gone down, only TI has a improved record as per the stats provided by T_E. Bowling wise also the team performance has deteriorated. Farhad performed well in one match. Shahadat is the only improvement possibly.

Quote:
May be you are right, may be he will fail. But historically we have given too much time to our players so why not give hime one more year? I agree with you that Siddon disapointed me a bit, but I will wait one more year before I will ask change.
I guess we don't have any choice now, but I think BCB should intervene and atleast siddons should know that he needs to show improvement from where he took over, not use the stats of last 10 years to his advantage. We all know how bad we were at the begining and what it was when he took over, after the world cup. And stop all these holidays, Demoralizing statements and excuses for poor performances. I don't mind of course if BCB removes him, as I am not at all hopeful that he can bring any big improvement with such attitude and low expectations.