View Single Post
Old May 20, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

This is how it starts for many:
For a student at overseas, easy to say I would go back home after I finish my studies. They comes the a) Master's program or b) work.

a) Masters: Let me finish that then I'll go back. Actually after that PhD program or work comes in the way. After PhD, BD has no job to offer so working overseas is the only option.

b) Work: Need to get permanent residency. Adding to it a wife and couple of kids. Now it is no longer "me". It is "us". Can everyone handle the downgrade of the life style? Healthcare, food other questions as such pop up.

By the way, permanent residency rolls in to need to get citizenship phase. All of a sudden you see 10/20 years has passed by. Still the urge is going back remains strong. So as time goes by things just gets complicated. I know people when they buy electronics they think of 220 volts. back in their mind they are going to take them to BD. Some of them are living here in US for 30+ years.

+++++

Inshallah, I still see myself relocating back to BD. Some mandatory unfinished business still needs to be addressed here.

I can help BD better being there than from here. The intention has to be pure.

+++++
BD-S,
The poet is not saying that he wants to return to BD but only requests or urges to his creator (silent here). He wants to be here by any means that shows the love for the land. In Jonmatorbad if you come back as something other than human you are downgrading your performance in the earth. He is willing to sacrifice from returning as a better human in some other land than to return as anything that would be associated with Bangla.