View Single Post
Old June 26, 2008, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well as much as i've defended siddons recently, the truth is i'm really defending his plan for the team rather than siddons himself, as i said in the other thread he'd probably do better as just a batting coach. he's not exactly great at dealing with the media and i tend to agree some of his idea's do hurt the team such as leaving bowlers out of the team due to lack of pace e.g. rasel.

as for the bowling as a unit, part of the reason they've been doing worse under siddons is probably because of all the shuffling around. mortaza, razzak and shakib are pretty set in stone but rasel, reza, shahadat, dollar, nazmul hossain and sajidul have all be rotated in and out of the team in a period of about 7 months.

bowling as a unit is the same batting as a unit and as playing the game as a team, the more players play with each other the better they get to know each others game and the better the chemistry becomes and the better the team works together to get things done. not that it's an excuse for performing badly but it certainly doesn't help when the bowling unit is constantly changing.

but yes, keeping rasel out of the ODI team is really stupid, only reason he shouldn't be there is injury but since he's playing for the A team atm he can't be too badly injured.
i agree 100%... our selectors have gone stupid.. i dont understand.. if he can play with the A team in ireland.. why cant he play in the asia cup???? why is dollar here.. shouldn't HE be the one with the A team??