Thread: Go Cubs
View Single Post
Old August 11, 2004, 07:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

I agree with Chinaman. We definitely need more positive attitude. Why do someone always have to come up with this "age" issue whenever we are playing well?
So far our U-19 team have performed nicely in this tour. We had three centuries, all coming from the top batsmen, including a double ton from nasif. Yesterday, young Mushfiq showed tremendous application and poise to score 88.
Just remember, these boys are not only young they have had very little exposure/ match experience compared to their English counterparts. Some of the English players are already playing for the counties. Besides, our boys are playing away from home in the seamer friendly English pitches- so their achievements are far more meaningful.
I already feel better when I think these youngsters are going to play for BD national team in the coming years. Frankly speaking- I am tired of seeing our senior team batsmen humiliating us again and again. Is there any batsman in the senior team who have the patience and ability to score 266 (in ANY form of cricket)? I don't think so.
So guys, please be appreciative of what our young boys are doing. Positive criticism is always welcome but no more pointless debate please.

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by Warlock]