View Single Post
Old July 1, 2008, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I agree with almost everything bar the last para. I think it is better for us to appoint who have more tactical nous to be the head coach than JS. So it is better for us to get rid of him as early as possible. JS already proved that he is good but not great batting coach. I am actually impressed about the work he has done with the young cubs (Tamim, Raquibul, Sakib); but failed with the older cubs (SN, Aftab). I am not at all impressed with the transformation with Ashfluke.
I agree to you, if the individual performances are not attributed solely to JS. I don't agree with people who try to credit the coach for the performances of Alex, Rakib, Mami, Tamim... He had the biggest focus on Ash and it doesn't yet look good, but I hope it may be good. Tamim was changing much before JS came in, and All the others have hardly spent time with JS. These sorts of individual understanding and maturity was expected after the WC experience.

But JS is successfully exploiting the individual performances to his credit. And many of the people are being exploited as well.

Those who compare WM with JS, must remember that the situation & level of BD cric at the point of their taking over.