View Single Post
Old July 6, 2008, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
bdchamp, don't you think it's Siddons decision to take 4 debutants against South Africa? If it's an immature decision, he should take the responsibility. Dav was more logical in his approach. I am comparing with Dav becuase he was in charge right before Siddons.

We thought Siddons will take the batton from Whatmore and will take us forward. He took us backward and now we are haeding to the Mohsin Kamal/Trevor Chappel era.
No it was most certainly not Siddon's decision to include 4 debutants in the squad. It was the selectors who took the decision, and it's the selectors who I blame for the mess we are in. Siddons is a new man to the country and has admitted that he doesn't know most Bangladeshi players(I believe same was the case when Dav Whatmore took over but instead of admitting it he probably spent an hour on CricInfo researching BD players before the interview) and so he trusted the selectors. And it also might be the case that Dav had good relations with the selectors and had more say on selection than Siddons has. You are right, instead of carrying on from where Dav left of he decided to break off everything and rebuild from scratch which wasn't the smartest of decisions but a decision which might pay off in the long term. We might be heading towards or already are in dark times but remember golden times only come after you've struggled in dark times.