View Single Post
Old July 6, 2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: T.I, Shakib and Rasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It is not about education but about intelligence. There are folks who have not had the luxury of college education who are many times more intelligent than those privileged who have.

And it is not just traditional bookish education that will make someone excel in some sport. I point you to Gardner (of Harvard school of Ed) and his widely accepted "Theory of Multiple Intelligences".

Here's a brief pointer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_..._intelligences

His 1983 book Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences is a must read.

The relevant one is
Bodily-Kinesthetic

This area has to do with movement and doing. In this category, people are generally adept at physical activities such as sports or dance and often prefer activities which utilize movement. They may enjoy acting or performing, and in general they are good at building and making things. They often learn best by physically doing something, rather than reading or hearing about it. Those with strong bodily-kinesthetic intelligence seem to use what might be termed muscle memory; i.e., they remember things through their body, rather than through words (verbal memory) or images (visual memory). It requires the skills and dexterity for fine motor movements such as those required for dancing, athletics, surgery, craftmaking, and computer engineering, etc.

Careers which suit those with this intelligence include athletes, dancers, actors, surgeons, comedians, builders, soldiers and artisans.

[Source for the above: wiki]

On a lighter note, who remembers our member mba from three years ago?

Zunaid Bhai, you said it but you don't even know what you said.

Quote:
Those with strong bodily-kinesthetic intelligence seem to use what might be termed muscle memory; i.e., they remember things through their body, rather than through words (verbal memory) or images (visual memory). It requires the skills and dexterity for fine motor movements such as those required for dancing, athletics, surgery, craftmaking, and computer engineering, etc.
that explains the impulsive rash shot selection of our boys. Perhaps if they were a bit more educated they could have used their heads to control their bodily movements.