View Single Post
Old July 12, 2008, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

That will all take care of it's self come 2013, I like the Aussie FTP plan ... I just don't like the fact we can't get our Icon Series against Zimbabwe, Everybody plays the same I love the home and away concept, and it's basically what were doing this year with NZ and SA, I think we'll give a really strong fight to NZ, (The true Litmus Test for Siddons)

Quote:
In its purest form the new schedule would have each of the nine active Test nations playing each other over two years, with two home and two away series each year consisting of three Tests, five one-day matches and a Twenty20 game.

If fully implemented there would be semi-finals in all three formats among the top four sides during the third year of the cycle followed by home and away finals in the last year.

Room would remain in the program for ICC events each year such as the World Cup, Champions Trophy and World Twenty20.

However, uncertainty remains over how Australia would fit in its traditional five-Test series against England and four-Test series against India.

Despite this, CA spokesman Peter Young insisted that if there was any change to the ICC schedule once the current future tours program ends in 2012, so-called "icon" series would continue to be protected.

The future tours program has a six-year cycle but icon series such as the Ashes and India v Pakistan are played more regularly.

The radical new programming concept has been created by Australian-born Indian Rohan Sajdeh, 33, who is now based in Chicago with Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!