View Single Post
Old August 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No, I wasn't in US then but in SEC, he is the standard for running backs. Walker and Bo Jackson (Auburn). Emmit (Florida) didn't get that high praises for some reason. Also I followed Walker in NFL right after he was traded from Dallas for truckload to build an empire by Jerry Jones (U of Ark) and Jimmy Johnson (U of Ark). Can you imagine 6 players and 5 draft picks for one guy? Drive time sport radios often go back and play of past champions quote, plays etc. Arkansas loves running game and running backs. Now the new coach may change all the tradition but Hill, Cobbs, to Matt Jones to D Mac, Felix tradition is deeply rooted here.

The quote on Hershel is well documented and even on TV (ESPN Classic), sometimes they play that to show what a talent he was.

Sure enough, Georgia lost to Pitt (Dan Marino) in Sugar bowl in 82. Looked it up.

Dorsett another cowboys was a beast. But beast of all beasts is my main man Jim Brown. No man be it OJ, Payton, Campbell or even Barry Sanders can come close to Jim Brown. I have a cheat sheet attached to my desk. Stats of Jim Brown.

Anyways, back to college.

Bama facing Clemson at Atlanta. Not a home game for Clemson as I previously thought. Tommy Bowden will eat Saban on a neutral ground. Come on Tigers!!