Thread: Shuvo Bijoya!
View Single Post
Old October 6, 2008, 05:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Just out of curiosity - do you have any type of family tree summary (not details) starting from 700 years ago - since those fishing days? I couldn't find info beyond 4 generations starting from me - so you know what your family root was doing 700 years ago!! Interesting.
hahaha....yeah bro! we actually kind of do!
our whole village in brahmanbaria district was converted to Islam a little over 700 years ago by one of the 300+ islamic saints/missioneries that crossed the indian sub-continent and proceeded towards further east! our father figure beloved Aulia Hazrat Shah Peer Gesu-Daraz (Radi Allahu Anhu) became 'shahid' in a battle in that region in 1303 Tripura (not bangla) year (which interestingly almost jives/lines up with the calender of christ)! our ancestors burried him there and have been taking care of his mosoleum/shrine ever since! it's huge now, we have library, asram, several mosques)Hazrat Shah Peer Gesu Daraz (R) came to bengal along with Hazrat Shah-Jalal (R) of sylhet! he was also a peer and colleauge of Hazrat Nizam-uddin Aulia in Delhi! it's really interesting that in the old islamic library in Old-Delhi we saw all the records and hand-written texts/poothi of Hazrat Nizamuddin Aulia and Hazrat Shah Peer Gesu-Daraz and in there some of those texts (in fersi) ellaborated the story of my ancestors when they were converted, we actually have a very strong tie/bond/hold with Old-Delhi islamic community! they feed us when we go there and we take care of them when they come visit us! we also have a very strong tie/bond with the Tripura/Agartola hindu faiths as they also show their respect/love for our saint! as a matter of fact every year in august a massive number of hindu pilgrimers come to our shrine and show present their respect and love of neighbours! interestingly, not a whole lot of people know this, but both the bangladeshi and indian governments/border authorities relax the border protocol during those two weeks in august, so that folks from tripura and agartola can come to our village!
isn't this a beautiful thing? we are all brothers - one race - human race!
also before passing away my sweet grandfather taught me our 11 generation fore-fathers' names. it was easy just because of the situation, nothing else! mind you now we have over 3000 induvidual families that belong to this group of root family 700 years ago! love and peace!
shuvo bijaya!