View Single Post
Old October 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_2007
Not sure as why everybody is so excited and praising all players when we win matches. Offcourse, I am delighted. Everyone is praising Ashraful now, good remarks about his captaincy, blah blah. Do u guys remember when all were critical of Ash few days back ? Ash and Mash are world class and so is Aftab. We do miss Aftab, no doubt about it. Someone mentioned that we do not need Aftab at all. Is that ? I am sure if we had lost the match, everyone would mention their name and would beg to bring those guys back. In a given day, Aftab can be as dangerous as Ash. Aftab did a tremendous job for us. We should start learning as how to pay respect to our players. We have to be consistant in our opinions, not like those stupid world street analysts (if the market is bad, they start delivering bad news and vice versa) !

At the end, I do appreciate the way BCB paid farewell to Pilot. I hope that we keep the tradition in the future. We should start paying due respect to our players and to all other professionals who bring fame for our beloved country.
If our players don't pay respect to the fans then why should we respect them? Aftab only left for the money. He had no other reason. We don't owe him any respect whatsoever.

Anyway, I say the fact that the boys won after so much pressure was put on them is the most significant feature of the win. They could've easily crumbled under pressure, but they kept their cool and have really shut the critics up.