View Single Post
Old October 17, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

First things first: Congrats to M&M. Both played excellent to raise the score.

Second: thanks to Tamim and Rajin for holding the wickets for so long. Haven't watched the game, so can't see what went wrong when they got out.

Third: If Ash scored anything more, that would be bonus. Nothing more to expect from him.

Fourth: $hit happens with openers. Even if Junaid is out for 5 golden ducks, I'll still keep him in the team. Perhaps I'll switch his position with Rajin. But that's about it.

Fifth: I don't think Rajin's inclusion has any negative impact in the team. I'ld take Rajin's firewall with less score over Aftab's low-wall with a quick few runs. If Rajin can hold the spot, give him the opening slot. Let him get the ball dirty before the next batsman gets into the middle. Use him, abuse him. But don't let him go. His spot in the team is cruicial. He's a perfect Test material. And he's hard working.

And finally: Please, DO NOT talk about giving a new Test cap. Imrul hasn't had his ODI debut yet, and there's no reason for us to push him into the middle and watch a monkey dance. It's not a joke anymore. Let this team mature...regardless of whether it fails or it's able to give us something. Only a mature team is able to give you success...not an immature bunch of kids like we have.