View Single Post
Old October 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I just cam back from Dhaka. I have meet several of my friends who came back from germany/australia/england and they all are doing well. Most are engineers and working for grameen/bangla link. Grameen is not hiring at this moment but they do have a AGM post open in marketing/sales. Like you I am thinking seriously moving back after doing MS and working for last 7 years. Yeah I will not get 1/2 the salary i am getting but the joy i have seen in my daughters face I have not seen that when she was in desney land. Only thing is I will go back in few years not right now.

The market in Graments and Electric eng r very good at this moment but programmer don't get paid that much.

Best job (for lazy people) are teaching in the universities (sorry teachers). Yes you get most social life (thats why u r going back) and get paid for less input.

One big thing i notice is one doesn't have to move all over DHAKA anymore. What i mean by that every place (banani, uttara, dhanmondi) have their own stuff to go to. so u don't have to travell through traffic which is the big problem.

My own messurement is if u have one child and want to live the way u live in usa u need to earn at least 80+K per month. so now do your own math.

One last thing u visit dhaka first before making the big decision.

The biggest thing i hated was that u can't trust any one. even a guy who comes to fix AC from a big company can't be trusted and have to be watched. can let the driver drive the car empty as he might be taking trips and making money on your car.... but that is not a big issue to me...

Good luck and pray for me so that I can go back to my shonar Bangla...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled