View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

batting line-up is pretty set imo in terms of who is to start. the team is short a bowler though, imo a pacer so that means dropping either junaid or imrul but the rest stay. so you have:

1 tamim
2 junaid/imrul
3 ash
4 raqibul
5 shakib
6 naeem
7 rahim
8 mash
9 razzak
10 robin/shahadat
11 rasel

imo ash can bat anywhere from 2 to 6 really, i'm not sure that it would make much of a difference because he's already so inconsistent. tamim stays at opener but junaid or imrul could bat 1st drop if someone else was to open with tamim e.g. ash. raqibul i like at 4 but he can be tried at #3, if he can become an effective #3 then imo it's better for BD because naeem and shakib are batting lower than they should be imo. mushy is at 7 because i don't see him currently as an option at #3 and the only other open position in the order is the 2nd opener position and i don't see him batting there either. naeem and shakib shouldn't bat any lower than they currently are, i'd like both to be at 4 but you can only have one player batting there and due to batting style it's better that naeem and shakib bat a bit lower rather than raqibul (which is why it would be good if raqib can become a good #3 because then naeem and shakib can move up the order and ash can drop down the order which would suit everyone better imo).

but if you want team stability then you don't want to change the batting order too much from what it is now which means go with the line-up i listed above, if you don't mind changing a few things around then look at the other options mentioned e.g. ash opening or dropping down to #6 with raqib batting 3 and shakib and naeem moving up to 4 and 5.