View Single Post
Old January 22, 2009, 09:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Nice statistics. But I would like to put a different spin on the numbers.

1) For Zimbabwe, out of the 12 matches 5 of them were at Harere and 5 of them in Pakistan. So 10 out of 12 matches in flat batting pitches. If you considered the opponent score and see the difference then you may have a better comparison of two teams. Just my personal opinion.

On the other hand, BD played 9 games at Pakistan pitches and Chittagong pitch. I would like to add 3 more matches of Dhaka to the flat pitch count cause at that time the pitch reacted that way. Total of 12 games out of 27 games in decent batting tracks.

2) Opponents:

We faced SA five times, Aus three times and add 3 games at NZ. In difficulty scale these 11 games are far harder than facing Pakistan, SL and Zim.

So a weighted average could help see us the bigger picture.

3) Only reason Zim batting is somewhat good is the because of the consistency in their lineup for the last two years. We shuffle players, players position too much. That is why we don't have consistency.

Bottom line is we have won against NZ and SL with this type of crapy score. Whereas, Zim could only manage two wins against us. There batting is not even close to our A team. Their application is better than us, far better.
mijan those 5 at harare were tough batting tracks, didn't SL struggle to put up 170 against zim bowlers? or is it a different series you're talking about.

but its agreed, zim schedule has been far more lenient than ours - not that i complain about it at all.

i'll pull up some rajesh-fied stats right now.

#OneTeam1Dream